Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I Have a Fever. . .

. . .and I wish more cowbell could cure it. I woke up this morning feeling okay, but tired. More tired than normal. I chalked it up to getting to bed later than normal. (Kinda glad new TV is on!). But by the time I got to work and got started on my day (which had only about a 30 minute break from meetings, interviews and webinars before lunch and not much more time after lunch), I realized I was a little under the weather. Fever yet still cold and a craving for soup for lunch. Add to that other coworkers (who sit in close proximity) who've been sick and I think I'm doomed.

But I will fight it tonight with soup and rest, and not doing too much of anything. The only benefit of being not quite sick yet.

Despite any pending illness, I have managed to do some things right.
  • Pages of fiction read: 93. I'm under for my second week, but my excuse this week is that I finished one book and the book I'm starting next is on my Kindle, which was dead and my charging cable recently broken. So I'm on hold until my new charger comes today! 
  • Fiction read:  Finished Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman. Am starting the much anticipated The Hunger Games tomorrow. 
  • Fiction listened to via audiobook: None. Ugh. I need to load up my ipod or have my memory erased about the awesomeness that is Pandora. 
  • Five pages written: I'm gonna say yes. I wrote three pages for a story and am revising another so I don't know the exact word count.
  • Calorie tracking: Check. But I was just over my daily average for weight loss for the second week in a row.
  • Exercise: 355 minutes of exercise in the last week.
  • Friends and family: Done. Everyone's having babies. Makes the reaching out easier!
  • Weight Loss: Lost 0.8 lbs. (Total since LA move: 26 lbs)
  • Last week's NEW goal: Have 600 word story for contest completed, edited, and submitted.- It's Completed and Edited. Will submit this weekend. 
  • New Goal: I've decided to focus on FINALLY finishing the novel. So I'm now committed to combining feedback from my old Writers' Group (I miss you guys!!) and revising one small section at a time. Goal is to have at least one sectioned revised per week.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...