Pages

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Day One: Charleston

Coast Restaurant
--very French Quarter feel,
except less smelly
I'm travelling to Charleston, SC for work and although I've only been here a few hours, I have to say the place is pretty darn cute. And there are a plethora of little local restaurants and shops within walking distance of my hotel. If I can successfully navigate a business trip so that I don't have to drive once while being there, it's a good thing. 


Hit a restaurant called Coast tonight that was just a block down the way. Seafood which is awesome. I had a lobster and crab gratin with blue cheese mashed potatoes and green beans (pictured). They helped make up for the calorie gap since I ate two Fiber One bars while travelling today. Calorie gap and belly successfully filled. Delicious. If I didn't already have dinner plans, I'd probably go back tomorrow night. YUM!!


 Hopefully I'll have a few more pictures to post tomorrow after the conference, but in the mean time, here's my weekly update:
Lobster and Crab gratin.
Was much better than it looks.
Bad lighting.
  • Pages of fiction read: 33% of a 432 page book (World War Z) So, that's technically 143 pages. 
  • Fiction read: World War Z by Max Brooks. Pretty good so far.
  • Fiction listened to via audiobook: Six hours into The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larrson. Maybe I can do via audio what I couldn't do reading--finish it!
  • Five pages written: Yup. Had 6 on the plane trip alone last week.
  • Calorie tracking: Check.Crappy road, world series eating.
  • Exercise: 225 minutes of exercise in the last week. 
  • Friends and family: Yup. Called a friend to chat and tell her that I was missing her lots!
  • Weight Loss:0 lb
  • One revised section of novel per week:  Check! Have bridged the beginning to what I've previously written, so now it's just revise, revise, revise.I will get a rough draft done by my Birthday. I keep chanting that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...